Sunday, March 1, 2020

Writers' Pantry #9: Rabbit, Rabbit!

 Hello word artists and admirers! Today is the first of the month. According to an old wives’ tale, now is the perfect time to improve your luck for the next thirty days. Just be sure that “rabbit, rabbit” is the first thing you say when waking up on the first of the month. Did you already blow your shot by mumbling to your coffee maker or teapot first? No worries, there’s always next month!

Announcements and Reminders:
  • Check out Rosemary’s most recent Wild Fridays post, The Living Dead, if you haven’t had a chance to yet. There she reflects on the poetry of Mary Oliver and opens a discussion about indulging in great art in bad times.
  • For her upcoming Weekly Scribblings, Magaly invites us to write poetry or prose inspired by the idea of “Contagion”—social contagion, or metaphorical contagion, or biological contagion… the choice is yours.
  • Remember, you’ve got one whole week to play along with prompts now. Just keep in mind that some folks may have moved on to their next project after a couple of days, so later posts might not get as many visitors.
The pantry is now open. Please feel free to share your word offerings, old or new, poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction on Mr. Linky below. If you are doing prose, please keep your entries to 369 words or fewer. You've got until next Sunday to play along. Happy writing!

Maybe it's just as good luck to have Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit 
be the first song you hear on the first of the month?


24 comments:

  1. We say 'White rabbit' and 'Pinch, punch, first day of the month!' Thank you for the blast of Jefferson Airplane, Rommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I blew my shot at “rabbit, rabbit”...well, better luck next year. :) Happy Sunday, Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too. My words were, "What is that man planning?", when I came downstairs and saw my husband had picked up fancy tea for me and assorted breakfast stuff. :D

      Delete
  3. This took me back to 'growing up days'
    I remember hearing about that rabbit rabbit tradition. But that's a longggg time ago 😊
    Happy Sunday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My growing up days are a long way off too. :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Rommy, I'm up. It's an experimental week for me this week - trying to get the right formula between cutting down on confusion in my magazine post for commenters, yet still having a window to the prompt world to link to keyudos to bring new participants. Hence, during the week it's been simplified. For this week, just look for the pic you posted Wednesday on red fruits.
    By the way, keyudos is beginning to have its first success in the UK. When I google keyudos, the name isn't recognised yet, but it shows lots of images of the site, including yours. Could i ask you all to just google the name, keyudos, and let me know, here, if its gone global yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Twitter page for the site appeared on the second page of the google search I did. I'll look for Sanaa's picture when I visit. :)

      Delete
    2. That's annoying. I've sent a screenshot of what's showing in the UK to Rosemary's email address.

      Delete
    3. Your screenshot looks good, Anthony.
      When I Google keyudos, I get first my mention of it here on a recent Friday, then your name and website, both on second oage of results.
      It took a few weeks after the creation of Poets and Storytellers United before we started showing up at the top of the page, but it wasn't very long really.

      Delete
    4. Oh well, just hoped the images would show like they do in the UK. One day :)

      Delete
    5. Big companies have whole departments devoted to the art of cracking Google's algorithms and it takes them awhile too. Keep on plugging away at it.

      Delete
    6. I'm getting the same results with google but DuckDuckGo, "keyudos" returns as the number one site, but not many entries while images return Japanese archery, "Kyūdō" - an interesting rabbit trail there.

      Delete
    7. Oh, I won't be giving up. My first blog, Beyond the Blog (2007-10), even kept Wiki off the top, finally closing after 710,000 hits. My latest ploy is to use keyudos with every comment, inc the Facebook page for many papers. It's close enough to kudos to be a salutation, whilst different enough to interest them in googling the word :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I missed out on saying 'Rabbit rabbit' too. Never mind, I tend to have good luck anyhow ... most of the time.
    Love Jefferson Airplane, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I rarely remember, but I think I like my idea of listening to Jefferson Airplane better. :D

      Delete
  6. Hello, never heard about the rabbit rabbit... or kanin kanin as it would be in Swedish. I tried to join with a piece of sarcasm today... Now gonna make my rounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was some well seasoned and artfully prepared sarcasm. It paired well with my fancy tea.

      Delete
  7. Good Morning. Looking forward to some delightful reading later on in the day.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying a something a little different as I realized that I had much to write about but it didn't always fit the theme of the Stranded Tree Farm. Calling it Faoin Scáth, Irish for Under the Shade, I intend to keep nature and the farm at the Stranded Tree but explore/expand other thoughts while "under the shade."
    I hope it works for all of you - Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It's that onion?" Yep, that was the first thing I said this morning--my Piano Man and not-so-Little Princess were making omelets. So, I guess I will have to wait for next month to "Rabbit, Rabbit!" my way to luck. Until then, I shall look for good things in the layers.

    Thank you for hosting, Rommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there's a Friday the 13th this March. That's gotta count for something. :D

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.