Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Weekly Scribblings #10: Early Bird or Night Owl?

Hello word artists and admirers! With Daylight Saving Time in the US messing with everyone’s sleep schedule it had me thinking about so-called early birds and night owls. I’m an early bird, at home with rising with the sun while my husband is 100% night owl. Sometimes we switch up our preferences to grab a bit of extra time together, but it often involves grogginess, strategic ingestion of extra caffeine, and perhaps a nap if possible.




Today I’d like you to shape your work around the idea of early birds, night owls, or both. New poetry and prose are welcome, as are fiction or non-fiction. Just remember that if you opt to work with prose, keep your word count to 369 or fewer. Happy Writing!

16 comments:

  1. Oh I do like a person who says 'fewer' instead of 'less' when it comes to numbers!

    Hope to scribble something for this prompt a little later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later: I'm a night owl for sure, always – and I just needed to make a couple of slight adjustments to something I wrote very recently about a late night happening....

      Delete
    2. Rosemary, no wonder I love you so much--"fewer" instead of "less", when it comes to things we can count, is grammatically sexy.

      Delete
    3. Ha ha, luv u 2, dearest M – and relieved no-one so far has said, 'Keep the grammar policing to yourself, you atrocious pedant!'

      Delete
    4. Though actually, that makes Rommy the really sexy one, lol.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the glorious prompt, Rommy!๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜ It's unusually cold and windy here this evening .. I am looking forward to making my rounds and reading. Happy Wednesday!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿน

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a few unseasonably warm days, but the cold looks like it'll be coming back this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Night owl here. Quite and alone if writing and noisy and boisterous if out on the town.
    My motto for this is "Sleep when you have time."
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be both--a night owl who woke up really early to continue with the doing. These days, my stomach becomes a mess when I wake up too early. So, I guess I'm a late bird (but not by choice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your stomach is holding your sleep schedule hostage, but I hope that you can still get some good rest in despite the shift yo your natural schedule.

      Delete
    2. Our mutual owlishness is handy when we need to communicate across the time difference (grin).

      Delete
  5. Birds i luv. Thanks for today's prompt Rommy. Happy Wednesday to all

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the prompt. I love early mornings but ... I'm more prone to staying up a bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a confused mixture these days. I love mornings, but also find myself roaming night hours too restless to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.