Sunday, March 15, 2020

Writers’ Pantry #11: Words Can Be Rather Nutritious

Greetings, dear poets and storytellers. I hope you are having the best day you can have. I hope you find a reason (or three) to smile. I hope your smiles are answered in kind. And since March is National Nutrition Month (in the USA), I also hope we all find healthy ways to nourish our guts and spirits.

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” — Virginia Woolf

“You make us cry without hurting us.
I have praised everything that exists,
but to me, onion, you are
more beautiful than a bird
of dazzling feathers”
— Pablo Neruda

“Laughter is brightest, in the place where the food is.” — Irish proverb

Announcements and Reminders:

- if you’ve yet to read Wild Fridays #10: Thought Provokers, I recommend you follow the link and give the feature a go.  Our Rosemary shared “In a Time of Peace”, by Ilya Kaminsky, a poem that left me gasping with knowing, with remembering. I wonder what it would do for you.

- this coming Wednesday, for the 11th Weekly Scribblings: “Hypophora and all that”, Sanaa invites us “to write using the literary device ‘Hypophora’” (a figure of speech in which the speaker poses a question and then answers the question *follow this link for more*).

The Writers’ Pantry is an open link event. So, let your contribution be poetry or prose, fiction or nonfiction, old or new, short or long(ish)… If you choose to write prose, it should be 369 words or fewer. One entry per participant, please. Let us taste each other’s words (words can be rather nutritious, I’ve been told *cough, cough… cough*). Mr. Linky will stay hungry until next Sunday.

Quinoa Salad in Papaya Bowl, by @akemiyosawa

27 comments:

  1. Greetings to all! It has been a while since I participated in the Open Link, not having much time on my hands to respond to comments. But I have missed the fellowship of poets and take this opportunity to wish every well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry! And the same to you. Always lovely to connect with you.

      Delete
    2. It is so good to read you here, Kerry! We've missed you too.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Magaly. I love all the delicious (!) quotes.

    I am in the middle of teaching a two-day Reiki class, so it may take me longer than usual to read everyone's writings this time. But I do love to read what everyone contributes, so bear with me; I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everyone enjoys the class very much, Rosemary. I teaching other people how to heal with energy is a fantastic experience!

      Delete
  3. wishing everyone safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really grateful for this community. :) And this subject is close to home, since we've been cooking much more than usual (and I'm dodging calls for tomato soup prep as I write; there isn't that much to prep) and happy to be able to do so. Hope everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tomato soup wins the battle of wills, and that it tastes delicious for you.

      Delete
  5. Happy Sunday Magaly, we Catholics are in 'the desert of Lent' where every word from the mouth of God is deeply profoundly food. Affirming God's mercy in this global challenge of COVID 19

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So grateful I have a community that enriches my soul and pours out its welcome. May we all weather well the troubled times we are immersed in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be back to visit and comment on this (and my last linked challenge) later today or tomorrow. I am off to "rescue" my son and his wife from NYC - Brooklyn. They will be with us for a few months I think... stay safe everyone. Hard to wrap ones mind around these times...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words are nutritious.
    But, may no one steal others' words & pass them as their own work...
    Happy to link my poem addressed to "copycats". Hope we never get to encounter any!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plagiarists are scum.

      May you have the best of weeks, too.

      Delete
  9. Rommy - you probably won't see this, but I seem to be unable to comment on your blog today.. I tried several times..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugg. Not Rommy, I mean Magaly Guerrero!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I had trouble with Jae Rose as well and I usually don't...

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.