Sunday, October 17, 2021

Writers' Pantry #92: Better Than Normal

Hello, word artists and admirers! My husband and I got a chance to visit our Darling Eldest at his college this weekend. We kept our outings low-key (because COVID), but I had to stop to take a picture of this mural in the lobby of the Carnegie Museum of Art.



So as a reminder, we're changing things up too. Starting in November, we're going switch up our format to one post a week which will free up your creative options. Rosemary will have more details to share about that in this week's Weekly Scribbling post, along with the prompt "write something on the theme of forward movement, in whatever way you choose to interpret that".

I am ready to receive your words, old and new, fiction or non-fiction, poetry or prose. Just be sure to keep your prose to 369 words or fewer and one entry per person, please and thank you!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rommy. Great message in that mural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was definitely worth stopping to take a picture of <3

      Delete
  2. Great message. I soooo agree

    Happy Sunday to all

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Poets and Storytellers, I hope your Sunday is restful. And thank you Rommy for sharing that brilliant message. I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes here, too. Change is always good thing, right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lazy morning drinking tea is very restful.

      Delete
  4. Hi thank you all so very much for all your help here. I hope all has going well for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onward and upward, for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! This is what I get for using autocorrect while traveling. I'm back from Pittsburgh today though.

      Delete
  6. Thank you! I had surgery last Monday and... my tube was too narrow for the camera and grabber to get to my bladder so I've had a stent in all week (NOT comfortable) and I go in tomorrow at 7am to have it (hopefully!!) removed this time! I'll be back here tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday to finish reading and visiting. I am very grateful for this place to share poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best for your procedure!

      We're delighted to provide a place to share poetry.

      Delete
    2. Margaret, I hope all goes as you wish it today.

      Delete
    3. I hope everything went well!

      Delete
  7. That sounds exciting, Rommy. I haven't been in a museum in years. Thanks so much for sharing the mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either. It was so good to have that time with Darling Eldest and my husband.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.