Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Weekly Scribblings #90: October

Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! One of my childhood favorites is Anne of Green Gables. As soon as I flipped the page in my planner, I couldn’t help thinking of Anne’s declaration, 

“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers!” 

For this week’s prompt I would like you to take your inspiration from this quote, October, or autumn in general. All pieces submitted should be new-ish (less than 30 days old) or substantially reworked. I’m taking poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction. Please keep all prose to 369 words or fewer and one entry per person please.

14 comments:

  1. Dear Anne (with an e)! I love her too – and all the sequels, and every screen version I can find. And 'Emily of New Moon' was very good too. I want to go back and re-read all those books! I actually did re-read all the Anne books a few years ago; they did not disappoint. Maybe I'll see if I can find Emily soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While on vacation I found a box set of the full Anne series. I've been saving that as a reward for myself when I get the novel to the beta reader stage. I definitely would love to pick up the Emily series too.

      Delete
  2. October is a beautiful month in both hemispheres. Lovely prompt. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look that book and movie
    Happy Wednesday

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a favorite, no matter what form it's in

      Delete
  4. Yay such a fab Idea for a prompt~Welcome October

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely autumnal prompt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. October rocks! Can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. September / October ~ my heart soars.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.