Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Weekly Scribblings #73: Butterflies and Moths

 Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! Although cicadas seem to be taking up a lot of attention (cicada recipes anyone?) for this week, I'd like you to consider either butterflies or moths (or both!) when weaving your words. Although there are obvious similarities the two are not the same

You should include the word butterfly and/or moth in your work. I will accept poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, new or significantly reworked pieces. Be sure to keep your prose pieces to 369 words or fewer and only one entry per person please. 




10 comments:

  1. Another edge-of-the-bed write tonight. Rommy, if this seems too controversial you can pull it, but I would like to see some comments even if they might be critical.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have obliged with a comment! Not critical so much as better informed, I believe.

      Delete
    2. Rosemary is correct in that there are some points that really need to be considered. Her commentary is very good.

      Delete
    3. Thanks guys. I had some of that in the back of my mind, taken for granted somewhat, and was hoping the readers were relying on that too.
      I've changed it some, it only has 243 words but I didn't want it to be long.
      ..

      Delete
    4. It's hard to know what you don't know. That's why it's always good to be open to new information. I've learned a lot from Darling Youngest's friends.

      Delete
  2. A happy Wednesday everyone


    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to see any cicadas. I hope I get to see at least one (or a gazillion). Someone told me they taste like "nutty pork". I don't think I'm ready to eat one. But... I guess some enjoy getting their protein in exotic ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the idea of nutty pork intrigues me, I think I can keep my curiosity in check here, LOL

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.