Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday Writings #133: Summer Words


Greetings, dear poets and storytellers. How are things in your bit of the universe? I hope they are less infectious than in my corner of the world, since we are in the middle of a COVID spike. My slightly useless immune system and I are staying at home. If we must venture out, we mask and are more paranoid than usual. This is more common in the fall, but it seems summer wants to show that it can be a viral boss too. Oh, well…

…speaking of summer, for today’s optional prompt, I invite us to find inspiration in one of the following quotes:

1. “Do what we can, summer will have its flies” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectably. ~ Sam Keen

Required: Add the direct link to your response to Mister Linky. One post per participant, please, 369 words maximum (excluding title), for prose and for poetry.

Optional: You may share old or new pieces of poetry or prose, and you may write to the prompt or to a topic of your choosing.

Requested (not compulsory but strongly recommended): Visit other poets and storytellers. Read their contributions. Share your thoughts with them.

for next week, Rommy will be asking us to write about the phrase “It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it.” I won’t do it. You can’t make me. Well, maybe. All right, Ill do it!


photo by Lionel Gustave, on Unsplash

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the quotes and sunshine - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that carefree summery illustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. We so need some more carefree these days...

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing it's another little ploy on the part of somebody at Google who thinks bloggers can be BULLIED into allowing cookies...the link-up is not displaying or working for me today.

    Pris cilla King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. So frustrating. Leave your link here, and I'll add it.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.