Friday, June 30, 2023

Friday Writings #83: The Finishing Touch

 


Hello, word artists and admirers! When working through a lengthy project or task, sometimes I’ll think about what the moment of finishing looks like. What is the task I need to complete that officially marks the project as done? Since I’ve been thinking a lot about what done looks like for me, I shall ask you to do the same in this week’s optional prompt. Shape your words around the phrase, “the finishing touch” (you don’t need to use the exact phrase). As always, prose and poetry are welcome here, as are fiction and non-fiction. Just be sure to keep your word count to 369 or fewer and one entry per person please.



Next week, Rosemary will ask us to be inspired by the phrase "Broken glass crunching under the boot steps".


14 comments:

  1. Was wondering about that finishing touch for my poetic memoir.. I actually have no idea what would officially mark it as done, as you say. Maybe just pull down the shutters one day and hang a "gone fishing" board! Great prompt this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I got a good chuckle at that mental image

      Delete
  2. I'll have to get back to you a little later, dear friends. Busy putting the finishing touches to my Pentridge trilogy, as I'm now calling the forthcoming books, to prepare them for printing, publication, reviewing, launching....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for you! Good luck with your finishing touches.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm pretty excited for me too.

      Delete
    3. Hoping we have access to your Pentridge trilogy here in the USA.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, I'll look into making that happen.

      Delete
    5. I definitely would like a copy too!

      Delete
  3. Wishing everyone a wonderful day ... wherever you happen to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day, everyone!

    I will be back to read later. Got an early morning run to join in. (They think all elderly folks wakes up very early). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about what Done looks like? I never seem to get to Done, so I'm always speculating about what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.