Friday, June 2, 2023

Friday Writings #79: Unfinished Projects



While staring at a rather long list of things left half-done, and with no idea of how to get started again, a Christina Rossetti quote comes to mind:
“Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.” So, I guess, the sadness is less than total. 

I’m still struggling with the issue. In fact, trying to figure out how to tackle the problem has been consuming a lot of my thinking time. Which explains, my dear poets and storytellers, today’s optional prompt: write poetry or prose inspired by an unfinished project or 50.

If this prompt doesn’t speak to you, then share a piece that sings. Your contribution can be new or old, short or longish (369 words or fewer), fiction or nonfiction. Share the direct link to your post. One link per participant. Visit other poets and storytellers.

next week, Rommy will invite us to write about something on our bucket list (either something we have done or still have yet to do)


12 comments:

  1. I like the Rossetti quote... and the poem I have shared today is from that "unfinished" work (sigh)... but am sure glad I started it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you started and shared it with us. It's a powerful piece...

      Delete
  2. I liked the prompt idea and seldom cop out but this time I had written a little Poem that I had the wrong link posted for it and so I had absolutely zero comments. The next day I had a few but no one from Friday Writings has read it. I like the Poem and hope to get opinions and suggestions from you guys.
    Thanks in advance.
    Oh yes, I had my first two lines written, a spin off for my story. I may or may not finish it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rossetti quote ... a permission to start with less guilt about not finishing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't see it in that way. But I like it. There is already too much guilt in the world. :-)

      Delete
  4. Good day, Poets & Storytellers!

    Oh dear, I have lots of unfinished work, and I have no idea how or what to do about them. Yet I still have the time to attend a course on video editing for social media this weekend.

    I am posting a structured poem today. (I seem to be a fan of poetic forms lately). Will be back to read later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it horrible that it makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone in my pile of unfinished(ness)? I hope not. :)

      Enjoy the class!

      Delete
  5. Greetings Poets!! I'm struggling with this one ... either I have too many unfinished projects ... or none at all! So, stay tuned and have lovely weekends all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decisions, decisions... We shall be here, waiting to read what you give us. Happiest weekend, to you!

      Delete
  6. A great prompt! One I had trouble responding to as I have so many unfinished pieces on the go :-) I see from the comments above I'm in good company there so... :-) I'll be back to read everyone's very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in good (and numerous) company, indeed! 😁

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.