Friday, June 23, 2023

Friday Writings #82: Favorite Books

I had planned to tell you that this wasn’t another excuse to add some of the books you love to my to-be-read list. But it’s rather late (and I’m way too tired for fibbing), my dear poets and storytellers. So, here it goes: for today’s optional prompt, I invite you to write poetry or prose which includes the complete title of one of your favorite books. And if you’re feeling extra generous, tell me why your chosen title is a favorite.

Let your contribution be new or old, fiction or nonfiction, short or longish (369 words or fewer). Share the direct link to your post. One link per participant, please. After you share your words, visit other writers, read the pieces inspired by their favorite reads, tell them how you like it.

for next week, Rommy says, “the phrase is ‘the finishing touch’. Write something inspired by it.”


photo by Sincerely Media, on Unsplash

13 comments:

  1. Greetings Magaly, Thanks for this opportunity... And hoping everyone gathered here is coping well and still managing to shine in this increasingly testing and dizzy world!

    Here we are then, something perhaps more challenging this time round for my Summer release this year. Only just released on the website, along with a new soothing quote ‘Temple meditation’ As for literary inspiration, I guess this owes more to the master himself of such issues Fyodor Dostoevsky and haunting characters such as Rashkalnikov.
    Hope it touches you… and, as ever, look forward to reading your new stuff too…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google Blogger keeps trying to render us anonymous! But I have been to his blog, so I know this is Scott.

      Delete
  2. Good day, Poets & Storytellers!

    Will be back to read later. Off to another community run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magaly I actually thought it would be nice idea to add them to my books to be read list. As for me I love too many books but I had to choose one , I actually wrote for two but as it is I have linked only one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the prompts are optional, you can always share the other one another day when you don't fancy that week's prompt!

      Delete
    2. Yeah sure Rosemary, thank you

      Delete
    3. Jossina, I couldn't choose only one either! 😅

      Delete
  4. A nice inspiring prompt! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We appreciate your appreciation! (Magaly has been a bit otherwise occupied, or she would tell you herself.)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Rosemary love.

      And I'm so glad you enjoyed the prompt, Lisa. I shall be catching up on my reading.

      Delete
  5. Does the owner know that The Versesmith is showing an "invitation only" message? Sometimes site hosting does things that reduce page views...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might know by now. I checked and saw no message.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.