Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Weekly Scribblings #13: All The Small Things

Happy April, Word Artists and Admirers! Life is moving at a slower pace than I'm used to for April because of the precautionary measures my state is taking due to the coronavirus pandemic. I'm adapting to it by savoring the slowness and considering my relationship to all the small things in my life.

There are occasions when we naturally seem to notice the small things more. The tiny blessings we are grateful for, the little things whose absence hits us harder than we expected…they can loom large when everything else in our world is changing rapidly.

So to kick off the month of April, I'd like you to create a new piece of poetry or prose (fiction or non-fiction) that incorporates the idea of “small things”. If you opt for prose, be sure to keep your entry to 369 words or fewer. One submission per person please. This prompt will be open for one week.



I'd be remiss if I didn't mention one of the big things associated with April, NaPoWriMo. Although we're not doing a prompt a day, there are lots of sites ready to provide you with a daily poetry fix, like:
There are also Facebook groups to help you with your month long strivings, for instance:
However you spend your April, I wish you a happy one.


8 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday, don't be fooled this pandemic is real
    Observe all cautions.

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most sensible people know this is nothing to be trifled with

      Delete
  2. May everyone stay safe, healthy and happy. Let's spread some love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening, Bards! Thanks, Rommy! Happy April Fool's Day! Happy National Poetry Month! Best of luck to those of you doing NaPoWriMo/GloPoWriMo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to all! I intend to post (at least) one poem a day this month. It's nearly overwhelming how many sites are providing prompts! However, I intend to write something for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.