Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Writings #142: Letters to Your Body


 

Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! I'm filling in for Magaly this week. Her choice of optional topic was to write a letter to our bodies. My body could certainly use a little encouragement, post-COVID (I swear my legs did not feel this heavy a couple of months ago). But in general, I think it's a good idea to check in with our bodies and give it what it needs (whether it's another set of leg lifts or a well-earned recovery day).


You can choose to contemplate the marvels of your body or share some writing on whatever has captured your attention this week. I shall be happy to see either poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction. Just please keep your entries to 369 words or fewer and remember that it's just one post per person.

Next week, Magaly shall take over for me and my optional prompt, what makes you scream (out of fear, frustration, joy, anger, etc.). 



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the interesting prompt Rommy and Magaly - Jae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your writing with us

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Rommy, for stepping in. I love being part of this team where we work so well together and always have each other's backs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla, your link leads to a piece you shared with us before, back in February. I think this must be an error?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. The poem written to this prompt is at https://priscillaking.blogspot.com/2024/09/bad-poetry-where-have-all-our-l-words.html .

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I think Rommy has quietly corrected it. Your link works as intended now.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.