Friday, September 6, 2024

Friday Writings #143: What Makes You Scream?

 


“Just scream! You vent, and the body just feels good after a good old yell.” 
Carol Burnett

Have you ever screamed? I’m not talking about shouting at someone who doesn’t listen or yelling an answer in a classroom. I’m referring to the kind of screaming that leaves the throat raw and the mind tasting of blood. I have—more than once, actually—and the results have been… mixt.

For today’s optional prompt, (Rommy and) I invite you to write poetry or prose inspired by what makes you scream (out of fear, frustration, joy, anger, etc.).

Please, add the direct link to your response to Mister Linky. One post per participant. 369 words maximum (excluding title), for prose and for poetry. You may share old or new pieces of poetry or prose. You may write to the prompt or to a topic of your choosing. Visit other poets and storytellers. Read their contributions. Comment on their screaming words.  

for next week, Rosemary will invite us to consider “Untitled -19”, a poem by our regular participant Rajani Radhakrishnan.


The Scream
, by Edvard Munch

10 comments:

  1. Thank you both for the prompt - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I didn't mean to remove the link . Please add me to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day, Poets & Storytellers!

    It's good to be back posting and reading. I have been neglecting poetry for some time. I am spending more time on social media. And travelling. Just back from a 2 month stay in Paris, yes the museums, the Louvre, the Orsay, and more, and following the route of Vincent van Gogh in Auvers-sur-Oise. Find time for a week in London too.

    I hope that after this vacation, the urge to write is back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color me insanely jealous ... a shade of green that is not flattering!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was to check off some of the boxes in my bucket list. :)
      In Auvers-sur-Oise, I was at the exact spot where van Gogh painted the church, the painting which now hangs in the Musee de Orsay, I was at the house where Dr. Gachet treated him, the room where he died, and at his tomb. I wanted to offer him a cigarette, but I have already quitted smoking.
      In London, I was at the Abbey Road crossing (the Beatles' iconic album cover) and at Carnaby Street to view Lennon's statue.
      Yeah, it was a good trip. :)

      Delete
    3. Sounds wonderful. I'm glad for you – but envious too.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.