Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday Writings #119: In Memoriam

 


Hello, word artists and admirers! When I took a look at the hosting schedule, I noticed my one of my turns landed on the exact anniversary of the death of a good friend of mine. I thought about trading off hosting duties for a moment. But I decided to lean into it in the end. So this week’s optional prompt is to write about something (person, place, thing) that is gone.


Lord of the Rings was one of her favorite things

Please keep your entries to 369 words or fewer and one entry per person.

Next week, Rosemary will ask us to either write in one of the following three forms that combine poetry and prose: the prose poem, the haibun, and tanka prose or to write about formality as a topic.

 

17 comments:

  1. I have several "tributes" on my blog. Click on the "tribut" links on the botom of my blog write fot tonight. They are mostly all friends or relatives who have passed away. Put me to thinking, who fits tonight's request that would be new. Then it hit me, I lost a very good friend of several years. So here she is, I can image her fitting the life of her that I tell. And some others not written
    here. Thank you, Rommy, for hosting and for this useful prompt.
    Jim,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A prompt that's bound to speak to us all! And it's good to have an opportunity to acknowledge what and/or who has gone. I wasn't thinking of this prompt when I wrote what I'm sharing, but it's a good coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary's comment echoes my thoughts perfectly. Thank you Rommy for inspiring me to post again after quite a long absence .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologies....very untogether today....Please delete the incorrect poem which I have already submitted to this blog previously Thanks ! Enjoy the weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no not again !....the above is Rall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Google. Some Blogspots remember us, some don't, and since I used parts of my screen name as passwords at some sites that didn't really need passwords, if I spell out my screen name Google will display little alarms to tell all the hackers on Earth that something in my post contains a password. Really smart, Google. Anyway, poem #14 above is mine (Google doesn't freak out about my screen name appearing in link widgets).

    It's a first half, and subject to revision; the complete poem will probably still exceed 369 words. Well, the thoughts that floated through my head during this afternoon's garden time were long thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! Another poem must have been posted seconds before mine. Mine's #15.--PK

      Delete
    2. Sometimes the muse has quite a lot to say!

      Delete
  7. Good day, people.

    I thought it would be nice to post something again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.