Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Writings #117: Sensual Clothing

 


Hello, dear Wordsmiths –

and a happy change of season to you all! With, hopefully, relief from extreme weather. Here in Australia we’re much looking forward to Autumn bringing an end to stinking heat and violent rain. In the Northern Hemisphere, I expect you are glad to get out of the cold as Spring begins.

Meanwhile, a friend just sent me a startling message. Going through her past poems, she was disconcerted to find an erotic ode to a new sock! (Begging the intriguing question of why ONE sock and  not the pair – she has two feet) I realised I could easily wax lyrical about my latest bedsox.

How about you?

(Then I read my friend's sock poem and understood why it’s just one – the sock is addressing the foot, enumerating the services it will give and the comforts it offers, and even noting that it must bring its sister too. It’s a brilliant and wonderful poem, which I am not sharing with you here as she plans to publish it at some point.)

Your prompt this week is to write a sensual piece about an item of clothing.

Guidelines:

You’re free to write to the prompt or to ignore it and give us something else.
We accept poetry or prose, new or old.

Word limit: 369 (excluding title and BRIEF notes).

Link ONE post per person on Mister Linky: the particular post, not your whole blog.

 Next week, Magaly will invite us to write poetry or prose inspired by strange spring traditions. Dont happen to know any? No problem! According to her, we can find some interesting choices HERE and HERE and HERE.



My sensually satisfying, warm and tender bedsox.


18 comments:

  1. Those socks are neat, do they have walking soles as do the hospital sock. They are enticing (not).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But your write did keep my attention. Thanks for hosting.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Yes, my bedsox do have little sparkly stud things on the soles to make them non-slip. You're welcome, and glad you enjoyed my write.

      Delete
    3. PS Not enticing? For men it's the looks; for women it's the tactile sensations. :-D

      Delete
    4. They look very enticing to the feet.

      PK

      Delete
  2. In the right hands, an old sock can be sensual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Just found this site last week on a return to writing. Enjoyed the prompt . Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting prompt undoubtedly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to dive into this one!! Happy Friday (or Saturday) poets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Helen. I'll be over to read you shortly.

      Delete
  6. Mine came out like an advertising jingle...well I do sell cozy, comfortable cotton things, and this winter I designed myself a tabard-style warm sweater that would keep me warm while writing on a screen porch. I like it and plan to offer more for sale. Anyway, the poem came out to about 350 words, so I put the prose notes at the end this time!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds most intriguing; can hardly wait to read.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Depends how sensual one wishes to get, I suppose. Air, water or sunlight on skin can of course be lovely.

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.