Sunday, July 25, 2021

Writers’ Pantry #80: The Struggle Is Real

Greetings, poets and storytellers. I hope you are well—nice and cool, if you happen to be in the Northern Hemisphere; and keeping warm, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere. Right now, Im too hot, too sore, and my body is beyond annoyed with me. I would share some details, but I’m much too tired. So, here are some memes that tell most of the tale:

Yep, the struggle is real.

But enough of that. We aren’t here to discuss the silliness of people who workout too hard, when they know that their body isn’t ready. We are here to write and share.

So, let’s open the Pantry! We welcome poetry or prose, new or old, fiction or nonfiction, short or longish (if choosing prose, your word count should be 369 words or fewer). Only one link per participant, please. This prompt shall remain open for a week. Lets do words!


-
for our next Weekly Scribblings, Rosemary will be asking us to write about "sudden events which the people involved somehow sensed coming"—or didn’t.


15 comments:

  1. Working out too hard will never be my problem, lol. Forcing myself to exercise at all is more the challenge (which has its own bad results for the body). Hope you recover soon. Meanwhile, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us have to force ourselves to exercise every now and again. Like I said, the struggle is real. 😜

      Delete
  2. Got to be more consistent in my exercise routine. Happy Sunday to all.

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commiserate with the Meme messages. Why can't my body behave the same way each day .. how does it decide when to ache, twinge, creak, squeak. I need a schedule ... Dear Body! Happy Sunday all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Helen! Our flesh and bones need lessons in the etiquette of not hurting like hell without asking. No manners, I tell you!

      Delete
  4. Good day, poets!
    i like all the witty things you put out this week, Magaly. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine.
    i have been going for a lot of runs lately around the neighbourhood. not too long, about 5km average, but i am liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel called out! LOL, yes a foot injury has made me reconsider my regular zumba practice and long walks are probably also not a great idea, but I am flirting with floor calisthenics that don't involve my left foot at all to get me though. I hope that you find a good way forward that satisfies heart, mind, and body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing the same, trying to come with exercises that don't involve my left arm. Now I'm picturing us working out together--you trying to protect your foot and me trying to protect my arm--and I can't stop laughing at the mental picture! I hope we both find our happy mediums!

      Delete
  6. I share a link here to a piece I wrote, dedicated to all children who have ever lost their life in fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate exercise except for walking. Everyone always passes us so we don't go fast but it's fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is lovely, especially when there is a good (and company).

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.