Friday, September 22, 2023

Friday Writings #95: Losing Track of Time

 


Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! September seemed to go by in a blink for me. My hectic work project load may have contributed to that feeling. Or it might be the whirlwind attention my muses have been giving me while working on a novel. Either way, it feels like only yesterday I when I was eying up bathing suits, while today I was reaching for my favorite purple cardigan.


For this week's optional prompt, may I suggest the phrase "losing track of time." You don't have to use the exact phrase, but the idea should be in there somewhere. I'm taking prose and poetry, fiction and non-fiction. The pieces should be 369 words or fewer, and one entry per person please.

Next week, Rosemary will ask what feels like home to you.
 

8 comments:

  1. Whew. This was a FAST write and actually a good practice for me as I often ponder and research and probably overthink a poem. But maybe not - maybe this one is a dud. LOL Strange - I see the it says Anonymous - that's never happened before. (Margaret Bednar)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange are the ways of Google! It seems to render all of us Anonymous sooner or later, occasionally or long-term, for no apparent reason. The only thing one can do is what you just did: when you notice, add your name in the text.

      Delete
  2. Talk about keeping track of time!! September is my birth month, celebrations galore, too many cakes (?), bidding farewell to twenty-three year old "Sophie" my VW Cabrio. I donated her to Habitat for Humanity .. best of all, shopping / test driving (too many cars) finally choosing "Greta" my brand new 2023 Mazda CX-30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you name your cars! (Also, what you did with Sophie.)

      Delete
  3. Akismet keeps getting uglier. I posted a link to Sara's poem but can't post a comment on it. I'm getting serious too--NO more Akismet comments...though I will keep visiting, and resume commenting if Wordpress bloggers install Disqus and it really does work. (Can't wait to see whether it does!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Akismet and Disqus are strange to me, so I can't offer an opinion. I have a Wordpress account even though I have ended up never using it for a blog, so I think that makes it easier to comment.

      Delete
  4. N.B. I left a comment when I joined the Linky List, but somehow it got swallowed up by some computer gremlin, over which I had no control...
    'Twas ever thus, as my Dad was fond of saying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved to write for this prompt.
    Have been thinking of this very often. Even last night I was wondering- "where did all the years go?"
    Thank you so much for this opportunity to express and share :)
    Joining her after a loooong time!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.