Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Writings #91: Muscle Memory


Greetings, poets and storytellers. I’m exhausted, and my laptop has decided to update every single thing in the world. Typing is taking forever. I keep having to wait for the letters to catch upThe whole thing is making me grumpy. So, let us jump right into today’s optional prompt: I invite you to write poetry or prose inspired by the phrase muscle memory. Go at it literally or metaphorically, the choice is always yours.

If “muscle memory” doesn’t do it for you, share a piece that does. Your poetry or prose can be new or old, short or longish (369 words or fewer), fiction or nonfiction. Share the direct link to your post. One link per participant, please. Visit other word lovers. And read what their writing muscles remember.

Dear Word Lovers, My old laptop has kicked the bucket. But the new one will be up and running tomorrow. I shall delight in your words as soon as things are set up.

next week, our dearest Rosemary will ask us to write something in response to the phrase “triumph or disaster?”


It’s a bit like writing, isn’t it?

16 comments:

  1. Once again - thanks for this thought-provoking prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Magaly. Hope you are soon well rested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept for 12 hours, so I think I am. Also, my new laptop will be up and running tomorrow! I shall wait until then to delight on everyone's contributions. I can't stand interacting with Blogger on my phone.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad of all that! New laptop is exciting.

      Delete
    3. Very exciting! Even when setting everything up is such a pain, lol!

      Delete
  3. Where Mrs T leads, poor Caddoc needs must follow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Mrs. T! Because the more the merrier. 😊

      Delete
    2. That's so good to know, for a little piglet like me. :-) Mrs T can make me feel even smaller than I really am, if she laughs too loudly!

      Delete
  4. I look forward to Friday. A new prompt . . . and then the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to more Friday prompts like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to seeing more of your responses!

      Delete
    2. I had to make time for this one prompt, as it is indeed an opportunity to exercise my neural connections and muscle memory

      Delete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.