Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday Writings #71: Small Victories


Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! I’m feeling good because I’m hard at work on a new long-term writing project. It’s only just starting, but I’m feeling good about hitting a couple of mini milestones (a solid outline and two chapters in). How about you? Are there any small things you feel like celebrating?


For those of you who would like a prompt to work with, may I suggest, “small victories”? Of course, you are free to write about any topic you’d like. I’m taking poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction. Just be sure to keep your pieces to 369 words or fewer, and one entry per person please.

Next week Rosemary will invite you to write about writing: either write a poem about writing poetry, or tell us a story about story-telling.


12 comments:

  1. Nice prompt, I wrote to it, sort of. Just in the writing was great to be able. I spent almost an hour working on it while Mrs. Jim was taking class at our library. I'm not sure if my Spine Senryu was about a victory or a downer. ??
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the (very fitting) Queen video. Always such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much happening that I completely forgot to link my poem yesterday. Today then is the small victory of stumbling back to normal. Have a lovely weekend, all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a busy week for me too. Glad you could join us!

      Delete
  4. Like others, I've been going along, foot...foot...foot...Up all night, fell asleep before the Easter sunrise (a lovely one I missed), woke up feeling sick. Around midday the elimination of the glyphosate was close enough to completion that I actually had some energy to celebrate this day of joy. This could be called a victory, though hardly a poem-worthy one. Around 9 p.m. more poison was sprayed. Another unpleasant reaction began. Most of the reaction I felt while reading Rosemary's poem, and everyone else's sympathetic comments, came from that physical process...I had to lie down. Then I felt the urge to write a poem that directly disagrees, which some will consider rude, and to write it with a kind of half-rhyme scheme that some will also hate. Youall are free not to read "I Ground My Eye Into His Fist" or to consider it a symptom...something that just needed to get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sometimes it's therapeutic to get things out on paper, or pixels in this case. I hope you feel better.

      Delete
  5. Just a small easy thought here, inspired by this fine prompt.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.