Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Weekly Scribblings #31: What Makes You Smile?

Hello Word Artists and Admirers! I am not a fan of sticking my head in the sand and pretending things are all sunshine and roses when they aren’t. But I also know that without stopping to celebrate the good stuff (no matter how small) it’s harder to drum up the motivation to move towards a better tomorrow. So for this week’s scribblings, I’d like you to write about the things that make you smile. Send over your prose and poetic joys, both fiction and non-fiction. But remember to keep your prose pieces to 369 words or fewer and one entry per person please.






11 comments:

  1. Have a nice Wednesday

    (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rommy. It's nice to pause and reflect on where our happiness comes from, and to notice that it does come even in these stressful times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea, nice prompt. Please note that I smile most of the time, at school my nickname was "Smiley" I also had trouble with Blogger this morning, it is trying out a new interface with me and I don't know how to 'edit'. i.e. I know my picture is too small but I don't know how to fix it. And misspelled words too bad for now. Oh yes, I can only paste link to here, I can't make it embed.
    And worse yet, it tells me that I can "revert to old..." but doesn't appear to have a button for doing it.
    My Wifi left, I am back. Blogger help says there is a button, lower left side, I will look see.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the new Blogger interface made its presence known to me too. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm slowly trying to figure its weird ways out. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Nice prompt, Rommy! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that his arrived via email this morning .... a meandering stroll as you describe it sounds beyond soothing, healing .. I am more than ready. The tribute to your pooch is also lovely/sad.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.