Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Writings #248: Noisy!

Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! Once upon a time, I was scared of dogs. If you had told little me that not only would I grow up to love dogs, I'd voluntarily sign up to live with a super-loud breed three times in a row, she might have kicked your shin before running away.

Don't let her fool you...
she's LOUD when she wants to be

I think I forgot how loud corgis could be with my second one, Kit. That one relied on charm to get what he wanted. Faye, my first, could be loud but she often wasn't. Jelly Bean is a whole other story. My co-workers have gotten used to her indignant bark during meetings. (She can hear other people's voices but can't see them!) We do our best to encourage calm but, also like most corgis, she's a stubborn thing.




So in honor of my doggo's sonic bark, today's optional prompt is about noise. Write about a type of noise, literal or metaphorical. I'm good with fiction and non-fiction, poetry and prose. Just remember, one post per person please and keep your pieces to 369 words or fewer.

Next week, we shall ask you to consider the following: If an angel were to give you a message, please tell us what you suppose it would be. 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Rommy - whenever I see Jelly Bean's name I smile - cute photo too! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little me was very scared of dogs, too. But that was long ago. Grown-up me is not only a cat-lover but also likes dogs, and adores very big dogs! Meeting new people who are accompanied by dogs, I tend to ignore the people and greet the dogs first! Fortunately, most dog owners consider this very good behaviour on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Me was scared of dogs--never mind how uninclined to bite they might be, Little Me didn't want to be drooled on or barked at either! Teenage Me liked dogs even better than cats, though.

    Rommy, as a corgi owner, would you charge money to write a guest post for my blog about corgis? I posted some encouragement to adopt corgis and crossbreeds a few weeks ago. I've never lived with one. The blog could benefit from your insights. The post should get a few hundred views and would be a good place to promote your own site, writings, books, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.