Friday, July 31, 2026

Friday Writings #237: Summer Reading

 


Hello, word artists and admirers! Read any good books this summer? July was easily my best reading month so far this year. I finished 14 books this months. A decent chunk of that reading happened during my vacation. I don't expect I'll have that much free time again until the winter holidays, but it was nice getting lost in a few good books.

Some of the books I chose to read on vacation already were on my radar. Some just had interesting sounding titles and were available to download right away on my e-reader. 😅  What makes you pick up a book?



So for this week's optional prompt, I invite you to write poetry or prose which includes an intriguing book title. Want an example? Here are seven good ones to get you started:


1. Beautiful Ruins
2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth
3. On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous
4. The Unbearable Lightness of Being
5. Love in the Time of Cholera
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
7. One Hundred Years of Solitude

I'll take poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction. Do be sure to keep your pieces to 369 words or fewer, and one piece per person, please.

Next week, we'll ask you to write about a bone or bones. You can choose to write about bones in general or a specific bone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.