Friday, October 18, 2024

Friday Writings #149: The Joy of Walking Away

 


Hello, Word Artists and Admirers! Some people associate Autumn with letting things go. Sure, sometimes change can be stressful, but there are times when letting things go can feel more liberating than scary. I'm feeling my way through one that feels equal parts of both, most of the time. But there are moments where I actually feel giddy with all the possibilities. After all, once we say goodbye to the things that don't serve us, we get to enjoy more of the things that are wonderful. I'm definitely enjoying time spent with my husband, my kids, and my new corgi, Jelly Bean.

Sometimes letting go looks like fun


So this week's optional prompt is about the joy of walking away. As always, I'll take poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction. Just remember, one submission per person and please keep your words to 369 or fewer.

Next week, Rosemary will invite us to write about the moon. 

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't quite found the joy when I wrote my poem! I have figured things out since! 😁

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.