Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday Writings #1: I Write with My Food

I love food—growing it, cooking it, eating it, discussing it—I just love it! So, for our first Friday prompt, I thought it would be tasty to invite you to write about food: cooking it, eating it, sharing it, craving it, dreaming of it… the choice is all yours.

Speaking of choices… if this prompt does not speak to you, feel free to share a poem or prose piece on a topic of your own choosing. If you go for prose, then your word count should be 369 words or fewer.

One link per person, please. After you add your yummy words to Mr. Linky, visit other word lovers, savor their writings, let them know just how delicious they tasted to you.


photo by Rebecca, on Unsplash

a wee note…

Some posts ago, we decided that naming our Friday feature didn’t make sense, since we would only post once a week. Then we noticed that the title looked much too naked without a number. So, we numbered it. Then we thought that if we’re going to number it, we might as well name it “Friday Writings”. So, we did.

for our next Friday Writings, Rommy would like us to use a subject we studied in school as inspiration. Or, as always (or since this week *cough*), we can choose our own topic.

27 comments:

  1. My entry is about my "demo" that I gave a little over a week ago. Seems appropriate for this Friday Writing being about food.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the launch of the new format!

    just so there is no confusion, i'm posting an old poem, there is food in it, but then there is food in almost all my poems. i use food in poetry the way others use flowers and floral imagery and symbolism in their poetry... so... there you go. i'll be back to read later this evening, and again proud to be a part of something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phillip. And yes, old poems are quite all right. So, no confusion. Food, like flowers, make for fantastic poetry, methinks!

      Delete
  3. Such a great prompt! I remember discovering years ago, in running workshops, that 'food' is one of the most evocative prompts there is. We all have such a basic relationship with it from the first moment of life, and therefore such emotions around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed... and since eating pretty much involves all the senses, there is so much we can say about food.

      Delete
  4. Good day, Poets!
    Late to the party, but looks like there's still plenty of food to enjoy. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never be late to a home-party, my friend!

      Delete
  5. What goes well with food — drink… so I bring some wine. Of at least memories of wine. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Poets and Storytellers, I'm late to the party but I'm here. In fact, I'll always be late because I can only post on Sundays. But I have the whole week to capture on your writings. :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *that was supposed to be catch up on your writings. Strange things happen, when I start the day without a fix of caffeine. :)

      Delete
    2. Caffeine is essential for starting the day!

      Sunday is not very late for Friday – especially when, as you note, we now have a whole week between our parties.

      Delete
  7. I'm here late! Happy Sunday! XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Linky has disappeared. My poem is on my blog, "Stages of Food".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! And Mister Linky is right here, to our view.

      Delete
    2. @Sara, Please try a different browser and/or clearing the cookies/cache. I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, and I can see Mr. Linky in all of them.

      Also, if you leave the link in the comments, one of us will go ahead and add them for you.

      Delete
  9. I'm a little late to the party. I was thinking about food and then I was thinking about dinner parties and how we arrange the guests and that got me thinking about how we arrange words in poems and well... that's the way my mind works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just left my link! I hope i did it right! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of all the people on this site, as each individual writer is entitled to their own opinion, style, and path to creativity.